Canada is one of the countries with a progressive demand for labor and a wide range of employment opportunities. The country has a tremendous economy as well as favorable government policies that are not just friendly to citizens but also to immigrants and this serves as a major factor why Canada has been one of the most sorts after countries for immigrants who want to work and study overseas.
The Pearle Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection is a Canada-based hotel looking for new workers to join its team in creating better luxury experiences for its customers. This 5-Star🌟 hotel is currently in need of new employees to fill up the vacant workspaces at their organization. Application is open for both citizens as well as immigrants.
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Executive Housekeeper is an essential role in the daily flow of hotel operations; keeping the entire property clean and orderly. Responsible for overseeing the entire housekeeping team, the individual in this leadership position has an incredible work ethic and impeccable standards. Leads by providing a consistent example of excellent service and ensures that all cleaning efforts are completed efficiently, with great attention to detail and guest satisfaction. This individual actively participates in inventory management, supply budgeting and the development of Housekeeping systems and procedures. In collaboration with other members of the Pearle Hotel management team, the Executive Housekeeper sources retain and develop new talent.
Job Title: Executive Housekeeper
Job Type: Full-Time
Estimated Salary: $75,000.00 Per Year
Job Location: Burlington (Canada🇨🇦)
- Work directly with housekeeping staff to ensure overall team organization, development, and the achievement of property goals
- Act as a mentor to all housekeeping staff: embody a great service culture and create a high level of standards and excellence.
- Manage day-to-day housekeeping operations, daily decision-making, scheduling, all the while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Adapt a hands-on approach to the daily operation covering cleaning duties with the team as and when required.
- Monitor labor costs and ensure housekeeping staff are working efficiently and effectively, always keeping guest levels in mind when scheduling.
- Ensures the daily laundry operation is following processes and procedures.
- Ensuring a daily morning walk of the property
- Oversee the entire recruitment process for new housekeeping staff- from interviewing to reference checks to departmental training
- Provide departmental orientation for new housekeeping staff and assist in creating training schedules/programs
- Contribute feedback to and conduct housekeeping evaluations/performance reviews
- Cultivate partnerships with other departments
- Assist in the selection of suppliers of housekeeping items and accurately maintain a detailed inventory of all products.
- Follow correct procedure for building maintenance and upkeep, liaise with other departments to ensure systems, equipment and infrastructure is in good working order and properly maintained.
- Maintain a Lost and Found procedure and secure area for storing articles; communicate with guests who claim items.
- Manage and implement control systems to protect The Pearle Hotel’s assets as well as those of guests.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are followed closely and that all staff are trained in the use of cleaning products/procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to further develop skills and knowledge and take initiative toward accomplishing personal and professional development goals.
- Graciously adapt schedule when necessary, work beyond regular hours when called for.
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and excels under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, schedule, and motivate their team.
- Continually strives to train and develop their team.
- Comprehensive understanding of daily operations and working within a budget for inventory and labor.
- Comfortable maintaining purchasing, receiving, and budgeting.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to ensure organizational efficiency
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet business needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 Yeas as an Executive Housekeeper, preferably in a luxury environment
- WHMIS Certificate
Salary starts at $75’000 and up to $85’000 based on experience.
Pearle Hospitality offers numerous employment benefits including dining, spa, and accommodation discounts; growth and development opportunities; Pearle Rewards program and more! We offer competitive wages along with a fun, caring and supportive work environment.
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including The Pearle Hotel & Spa, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.